turn signal trouble

I recently purchased a 1997 Camry LE. It took me a bit but I have figured out that the turn signals flash fast whenever the parking or headlights are turned on but work normally with the head lights off. All the turn signal bulbs work no matter if the head lights are on or off and the emergency flashers always flash correctly. This used to occur on both the left and right side but now only the right side seems to be affected. Before I figured out that the parking/head lights were related to the trouble I replaced the Flasher module and they actually had the problem worse so I went back to the original toyota module. I was wondering if anyone had any additional advice, suggestions, or had run across this before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
http://www.AutoForumz.com/  This article was posted by author's request
 Click to see the full signature

LOL! The last time I had this happen to me was a 1972 Corona Mk II!

Turned out to be a bad ground in the tail lights. Check your grounds with a meter or a beeper, and jiggle the wires while you do.

Reply to
HachiRoku

i work in a toyota dealer and this sounds like a common problem. the front turn signal bulb socket has a ground strap that pulls away from the bulb. bend it slightly towards the bulb and it should take care of it. good luck..

Reply to
toyotawiz

"brian_updyke" wrote: > i work in a toyota dealer and this sounds like a common > problem. the front > turn signal bulb socket has a ground strap that pulls away > from the bulb. > bend it slightly towards the bulb and it should take care of > it. good > luck..

I got them working yesterday and they worked flawlessly last night. I cleaned the battery terminals (needed it anyway) and played with the ground strap. Thanks for all the advice. It would have taken much longer for me to find by myself.