Toyota Camry LE 93 NEED Help ?????????

Hi. I have a toyota camry le 93. I think my coolant water is contemminated. The water look like black but suppose to be green I think. My question here is how do I flush it out of the radiator to refill with the new coolant. Thank you.

Reply to
Tri Nguyen]

Yeah, Black is not good.

You can drain it and fill it, and then drain it and fill it again. This is the cheap way. You can also use a radiator flush by prestone, etc.

As I told someone else, cold is the key here! Engine block cold, water cold. Engine block hot, water cold=cracked block! (seen this done with my own eyes!)

Remove and replace the thermostat, too. And don't forget to open the heater (Temperature=hot) to clean out the heater core, too.

Or, get a flush kit and follow the directions. Most garages will do this for $20-50, I usually pay them. They power flush and pressure check the system to boot.

Reply to
HachiRoku

Just drain and re-fill with Toyota red coolant and distilled water. If necessary, repeat. Drain is at the bottom of the radiator, may need to remove plastic cover panels beneath for access, or you may be able to reach from above. (drain is near the side with the battery) Engine off, temperature cold, but have the heater control turned all the way to "hot". Water pump may not last as long with green coolant. Sometimes a shop mixes green with red to get brown, maybe after some time turns even darker? Just drain and re-fill with Toyota red coolant and distilled water. If necessary, run the car up to operating temperature, let it cool completely and repeat.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus