V6 leaky valve covers

Is there any way to slow down or stop leaks in valve cover gaskets without replacement?? Has anyone used an oil additive that they would recommend? My engine is a 95 with 130K miles. I want to get many more miles from it without a $500 labor charge with a $25 part. Thanks for all comments. Dick L B.

Reply to
Dick L.

Forget additives they may clog other areas, try tightening it down, or silicone caulk on the outside. 500 sounds to high for a gasket, call around

Reply to
mark Ransley