Which Brake Pads?

Toyota lists two different sets of front pads for my '03 Camry LE V6:

  1. Pro-ACT Ceramic

  1. Regular (I assume semi-metallic)

Should I use the Ceramics? Years ago I used organic pads instead of semi-metallic to cure a squeal and within 6 months the rotors warped. I was told that only semi-metallic pads take the heat away from the rotor and other types do not.

Is Ceramic now OEM on new Camrys?

Reply to
Wayne55dud

OEM is still semi-metallic. Use them for best results.

Qslim

I switched from metallic because they're so noisy and create so much brake dust. Going to ceramic cured all that.

I made the switch in August, almost 8 months ago. I have no long term results to report yet, but there's been no sign of rotor warp.

IIRC, there's a metallic pad that's considered a quiet pad but I don't recall a brand name.

A quick check at edmunds came up with a couple suggestions, both kevlar composites.... Praise Dyno Brake, and Porterfield Racing.

Reply to
Hopkins