Front pads and rotors for 95 Taco 4x4

50k miles ago I let Goodyear put in my front breaks. They squeak so bad it kills me (squealed since day one). Now I want to put in genuine Toyota pads and rotors. What brand are they? Aisin? Any good sites for buying these online? Or does someone recommend another?

Eric

Reply to
Eric Sabine

A good rule of thumb is to use aftermarket (organic) pads with aftermarket rotors, and OEM style (semi-metallic) pads with stock rotors.

The squeal is often from using the harder OEM stype pads with softer or turned rotors, especially if the pads and rotors were grinding down together, and the pads were re-used, leading to a not-smooth surface on the pad.

I've been happy with Brembo, BeckArnley, and Toyota pads/rotors on my trucks.

lycka till! GTr

Reply to
gregory trimper