windshield for camry 2002 v6

no dimmer on the rearview mirror (I guess this counts, calling dealer they asked this)

It seems to cast between 800-1000 to replace a cracked windshield at one of the nearby dealers (middle NJ). All kind of accessory were cited as required: weather strip (?) and such...

What is the best way to replace the windshield with a comparable one at the lowest price? Can anyone suggest a good glass shop (Union, Middlesex co's)?

thanks

Stvn

Reply to
steven

Do check the PPG web site and call for quote. Pilkington is another premium brand. Id' stay away from Safelite (?).

From another thread:

Windshield is a structural part of your car. There is a special high strength adhesive that is applied using heat on oil-free, clean glass and has a strict drive-off time waiting requirement. It is not something the home mechanic should attempt.

I'd recommend an authorized PPG windshield repair shop. PPG glass also flies on Boeing aircraft and who knows maybe the shuttle.

Automotive replacement glass:
Hey, how about getting one of these reflective nano-technology windshields!!!

johngdole