05-06 tacoma 6 disk radio sound quality

If I change the factory speakers out of the Tacoma and install my own (say Infinity Kappas 6 1/2s) would the sound quality improve to a more pleasing level?

As a reference for the quality level I'm after, I've been pleased for the last 9 years with my 97' Mitsubishi Eclipse factory speakers driven by my Pioneer CD player. Head unit power only no amps. If I can equal this level, I'd be satisfied. The original head unit in the Eclipse was too dull sounding and couldn't control the changer I had in my previous car. the head unit swap made a notieable increase in sound quality.

Reply to
mook Johnson

The factory head units arent that flash, change it all if you spend that much time in your car.

Reply to
Scotty

I have no idea how efficient the Infinity speakers are, relative to others. If they're less efficient than the factory speakers (and odds tend to lean toward that assumption), you'll end up having to drive the radio harder, and end up with distortion. You're better off changing out the radio for something with more power internally, or a unit with preamp outputs and separate amp tucked away somewhere.

Reply to
Doug Kanter