2005 Tacoma speaker upgrade/replacment

Has anyone out there upgraded their stock speakers? The orig's have a 'boomey' sound to them such that I can't turn up the bass beyond 2 sometimes as the mid-bass gets to be too much. Am considering looking into aftermarket speakers but don't know if it'll be worth the time to do so. If you did, what speakers did you go with?

Thanks in adv.

Dave n Deb

Try a decent head unit then upgrade the speakers. Its the OEM deck thats underpower trying to keep up with the bass transients.

Reply to
Scotty

They don't Make anything ( Head unit) for the 2005 tacoma yet do they? I have the 2005 TRD #3 sport and it has a great looking dash with a seprate cd player above the head unit. Toyota says they have nothing for it. And nothing at cruchfield or the local sound shop. Yes if there is anything out there please Let me know, Ah the sound shop I stopped at said With my setup until there is a Head unit available to use an amp or amps and speakers to get by.. Good luck

Reply to
Billstein