emergency brake help

Hi everyone,

A past replacement of my emergency brake resulted in breaking of the little metal tab that comes off of the emergency brake rod, near where it connects to the cable.

Now, I've managed to pull the rod and handle clean out of the rod housing when the cable un hooked itself. I could just re-attach the cable to the end of the rod, but I can't get the rod back in. There appears to be some chunk of metal that drops down right near the entrance, perhaps having to do with the ratcheting mechanism? Anyway, any tricks to getting the rod back in there?

How much trouble to replace the whole thing? Looking at it, the housing attaches next to, and under the gas pedal with one obvious bolt, but the other looks like a large rivet?

-John.

Reply to
John