1982 Pickup: Window Problems

I am currently facing a problem with my passenger side window on my

1982 toyota pickup. It will roll down about 2",then it will continue to roll, but the window won't move. If you push it down, it goes down, but gets hung up because it goes kind of sideways. It still seems to roll up fine. I want to get this fixed before I put the door panel on all the way- thanks for your help.
Reply to
Chas

I have had this happen before. My problem was that the rubber gripper strip in the window base dried up and no longer gripped the glass. The solution was a new rubber strip. Also take the time to lube the window tracks with some silicone grease.

You will have to remove the interior door panel.

Getting the base back onto the glass is problematic. get the glass and rubber good and wet and use a rubber mallet to tap it onto the glass edge. gently.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler