Door switch problems

Hi all, I have a '93 XLT The problem i have are some of the switches don't seem to work fully. for instance, I can roll down the passenger window from the driver side, but not roll it up. I have to reach over to the passenger side. Same problem with the rear passenger window. Also, the passenger side door lock will unlock the doors, but not lock them. The wierd thing is, if the radio is on AM, you can hear a feedback noise from a non-working switch, so the switch is functional.

On another note, i had just fixed the power window gearbox's with steel ball bearings, so the door panels are removed. On the driver side, connected to the same wiring harness as the open door indicator light is some kind of black box with what looks like a switch and small metal bracket. I don'tknow what this is, and its only on the driver side. Also, its just hanging freely inside the door panel. What is this, and where should it be mounted?

Thanks for listening VV

Reply to
Vodka Vacuum

[...]

I've had similar symptoms. I took the switches out and cleaned the contacts with a small strip of sandpaper. The switch worked after than.

I cannot speak to the radio indication.

But, cleaning the switch contacts costs nothing. It's worth trying.

Reply to
Tommy Wood

this may work, but i can't figure out how to seperate the switch from the wire terminal without breaking it. i'm sure i'm just missing something simple.

Reply to
Vodka Vacuum