1984 22R Manual 5-speed question

I have an '84 Toyota 2WD p/u. It was stolen over a year ago and subsequently recovered by the Oakland Police, just as I was taking possession of a new Jetta! Damn!

Prior to the theft, I purchased Downey headers and a catalytic converter that I now want to install. I am in California. The Cat does not have a temperature sensor.

Am I stuck with a useless Cat?

Can I use it without a sensor with limited risk? (When the Cat gets to a certain temperature the air injection with feedback system shuts off.)

Is it possible to measure the Cat's temperature with another kind of sensor?

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Laird

I believe your truck won't pass smog unless it's an approved item. I'd check with CARB or local smog inspection folks.

Reply to
JeB

I have the same setup, I mounted my O2 sensor just before the cat.It passed smog Fred '03 WR450F

Reply to
Fred