1987 22R-new carb, fuel pump

Beginner/Intermediate looking for some opinions out there:

I've narrowed my problem down to either the CARB or the FUEL PUMP. (Truck hesitates and coughs when trying to accelerate.) My question is what should I expect at the service shop in the way of parts and labor for each job? Or, should I try it myself?

The FUEL PUMP looks easy enough to change. It's right there in front with only a few hoses connected and a couple of bolts.

As for the CARB, I don't see any fuel in the little looking glass when it's idling (stuck needle?) I've used nearly a whole can of cleaner (and a lot of prayer), but no luck.

The CHOKE seems to be working ok, I checked the fuel FILTER and the gas tank's filter screen -- both are clean. The only other thing I can think of is a semi-clogged FUEL LINE....

Any other suggestions or advice?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
dave d.

Carb rebuild kit and maybe a new float??

Reply to
Jarhead

Start by adjusting the float level or replacing the float.

And I'll guess lots of "cleaner" can be hard on rubber parts, etc.

Reply to
JeB