1995 T100 Tune-Up

I?ve got a 1995 T100 V6 3.4 liter with just over 148,000 miles on it. The only tune-up was done about 100,000 miles ago. On another forum site it was mentioned that the "coil over plug" has to be torqued to a specific poundage. My Haynes guide does not mention this necessity. It just makes ref to taking off the coils,removing/replacing the plugs and then putting the coils on again. I would appreciate some comment on this issue. :?:

Reply to
tinkybug

What the hell is a coil over plug?

Reply to
qslim

I can't specifically answer your question, but FWIW, I've done my plugs three times over the years and never torqued the coil caps down. Mayhaps I should of been, but I've got 370,000 miles on it so far. Bill W

96 T-100 4WD X-Cab 369,709
Reply to
Bill Wolcott

"" wrote: > What the hell is a coil over plug?

The coil over plug refers to the coil(s) which replaces the old distributor system. The coil over plug ignition system/assembly must be removed before you can get to the spark plugs.

Reply to
tinkybug