1997 4 Runner power anntena mast replace/how to

Hi, Anyone know how to replace mast? I removed nut and pulled mast out but the nylon tail is broken off, is there a way to remove this broken off piece from the motor or does the whole antenna unit need to be replaced? Thanks for any help, Kirk

Reply to
Kirk Frei

Kirk,

Look down further in the newsgroup. There is a message titled '00 Landcruiser power antenna broken - anyone ever replaced one?

There is a guy that responded to the Landcruiser guy that replaced his antenna in a 97 4-Runner.

I remembered this post because I have a 95 4-Runner with the same problem.

Kirk

Reply to
Kirk_

"Kirk Frei" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Depends. Sometimes you can actually just leave it in there. Mine was broken off but it must be only a small fragment; when I got the new antenna mast it fed in just fine and it's been fine ever since. If you do need to rescue it, you don't need to replace it, just remove the power unit from the fender and disassemble the round "reservoir" and pull out the part that is still in it. It'll cost you some time but it's cheaper than a new antenna unit, I'm sure.

Reply to
Rich

Reply to
Kirk Frei

Reply to
Kirk Frei

Bodyman? Ah, you mean body builder like Arnold Schwartzenegger! Since when is removing a plastic fender liner rocket science?

Reply to
Wolfgang

Reply to
Kirk Frei