2000 Tacoma 4x4 Low 4 question...

I'm looking for some advice from anyone who owns a Tacoma with an automatic and 4 wheel drive...

I'm ready to put some money down on a 2000 Tacoma with the 2.7L engine and automatic transmission. It has 4 wheel drive which uses the manual locking hubs. I took the truck out for a spin and it drove very nicely. It has 34,000 miles on it and looks very clean.

I engaged the manual locking hubs, went into the truck and put the car into

4 Hi. Everything worked well. I then put it into 4 Lo, which from what I read in the manual is for when you want more power or torque for climbing or descending hills while towing. After I did that, I stepped on the gas pedal and noticed that the engine revved up but the truck didn't move for a few seconds. Then a "clunk", as if the transmission engaged, and the truck moved forward fine. Did it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a fluke or something. Same results.

Does anyone have an idea as to what this might mean? 4 Hi is fine.

Appreciate your comments.

Reply to
TheKid