2000 Tacoma 99k - check engine light

I've had this truck since 300 miles - had most of the regular services done - skimped at 90 and only changed the plugs, wires, fluids, tires, etc... anyway, the check engine light has come on a few times. i've had the computer read twice and each time the odb code references the cataliytic thingie saying something about bank 1. The last two times its come on its been a damp day - raining and i've been driving up the highway. My mechanic says to replace the o2 sensor in bank 1. toyota o2 sensors are like 250 bucks or better. so, i have no problem replacing it if it needs to be, but, i was curious what others thought

- what their experiences were.

Thanks.

Reply to
tacomainboston