2000 Maxima O2 Sensor Replacement

OK, I've had Check Engine Light code P0153 a few times and once P0133. P0133 is front O2 bank 1, 153 is bank 2. If I clear the CEL it may not come back on for weeks - but it pings a lot especially when cold. Nissan service guy says it could also be the Mass Airflow Sensor although I have not seen a code for it...

The dealer wants from $225-$300 for each sensor if that turns out to be the problem. I'm considering attempting to replace one or both myself (can get the parts for about $100 each) and hope this is the problem, as it seems to be quite common. I've seen a few past threads on this - any thoughts? A past thread mentioned that these might be covered under an 80K Mile warranty but Nissan Dealer says that's not true...

Are these sensors hard to get to for an amateur?

Andrew

--

----> Portland, Oregon, USA

To Email me remove "MYSHOES" from email address*******************************************************************

Reply to
Andrew

They can be tough to get out and you need a special socket (cheap enough though).

Reply to
JimV