2000 Tacoma fuel filter - Where???

For an EFI truck, probably tucked inside the frame rail below the engine - and unless you've been feeding the truck crap gas it's whole life, and you have tested and verified low flow or pressure past the filter, you do not need to change it.

Several factory techs in here have said that fuel filter is good for at LEAST 250,000 miles or the life of the vehicle. Any dirt that gets that far has to get past the sock filter on the tank pickup.

And the steel line fittings are on the fuel filter so super tight it distorts the threads, you're likely to kink a fuel line or round off a fitting nut getting it off. More things to fix.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

My 2000 Pre-Runner V-6 has the fuel filter on the underside of the truck just under the drivers seat. My sons 98 Pre-Runner 4cyl has the fuel filter on the left side of the engine block under the intake manifold. It a bear to change. good luck.

Reply to
zonie

Thanks guys, I think I'll take that filter back to AutoZone, and get my $22 back. Guess I'm used to my old Mazda where I changed fuel filter every time I tuned it up.

"zonie" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

If you are a 'belt and suspenders' type, keep it. But don't change it unless you are sure you need to.

Seal it in a few Baggies, and stuff it in your "Oh Shit!!" spare parts box under the workbench (along with an oil and air filter, fan belts, a few quarts of oil... The Essentials without which you're stranded), and carry the box whenever you take a Road Trip or go off into the backcountry.

I carry a spare EFI fuel filter in my LandCruiser for one simple reason - if it ever clogs it'll happen while four-wheeling 50 miles from nowhere, leaving you with a long hike out. Murphy's Law. ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman