2000 toyota 4Runner 6Cyl 2WD

I recently had my car in a shop for brake replacement. The rotor (disc) and the pads were replaced in the front. However, sometimes when I apply the brake (low or high speeds), it feels like the brake sort of 'skips' or seems to brake unevenly. It doesn't do this all the time though. This happened before the brake replacement but became worse afterwards.

Anybody have any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance..

Lou.

Reply to
Joe

Sounds like the tire lug nuts were not torqued properly and consequently the rotors are warped. One should always use a torque wrench, not an impact wrench, when reinstalling the tires. Not much you can do now except live with it or replace the rotors again and insure that the wheels are properly torqued otherwise it will happen again. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al

Thanks for your reply Al.

Someone mentioned to me that the calipers might be bad. I am going to take it in to the shop and see if they cna figure out the problem.

Lou.