2001 4Runner will not go into 4 wheel dirve

Hi all,

I have a 2001 4Runner. When I trie to engaged 4 wheel drive, all of the lights on the 4 wheel drive diagram flash, but it will not engage. If I lock the center differential, then it will go into 4 wheel drive. As soon as I unlock the center differential all of lights on the diagram start to flash again.

I have tried to engage 4wd while moving, while in neutral, and in park. Nothing seems to work. This was working just a few weeks ago.

Any help will be appreciated.

Reply to
JimT