2001 toyota tacoma

what is the trick to changing the fuel filter on 2.4l eng in a tayota tacoma. it is located under the intake , and i can only see the frint banjoe fiting. and help would be helpful.

-- Message posted using

information at

firemechanic

Are you sure it needs changing? I wanted to change the fuel filter in my

2006 Nissan Frontier V-6 and was told there wasn't one that needed changing and if I insisted on doing so, it was located in the fuel tank. This was completely different that my past experiences were fuel filter replacements were mandated every 30K miles.

I looked through the on-line Toyota Maintenance Schedule for a 2001 Tacoma, and it does not include a maintenance interval for the fuel filter. On the other hand, Rock Auto does list Fuel Filters for a 2001 Tacoma 2.4L, so I assume it can be replaced. The filter appears to be the type that uses screw on fittings with copper washers. If so, to replace it you'll just need to undo the fittings and unbolt it. Of course, you need to relieve the fuel system pressure before you begin. I am not sure of the Toyota recommended method, but if I was doing the job, I'd pull the fuel pump relay (or fuse) and start the truck. It will die very quickly and the pressure should be reduced.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

It is a real bear to do. But can be done with just hand tools. be sure you position the filter properly and use all the sealing washers. Scott

-- Message posted using

information at

zonie