engine block cylinder honing

I own a 2001 Toyota Tacoma that I had to take the crankshaft out of because two of its journals were worn. The engine only has sixty-thousand miles on it and the cylinders are smooth and have no wear or rigde.

Since the cynlinders are in good shape is it ok or not for me to hone them? Will I cause any harm by honing them since they're not in need of honing?

-- Message posted using

information at

cea1

If the cross-hatching from the original hone is worn then it should be re-honed. After that, measure ring end gap or measure the piston to bore clearance if you have the tools.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Thanks for the reply!

-- Message posted using