2002 Tundra Comments

I went in for servicing on my Toyota Tundra this morning, and was the first one in line. After they finished servicing it, I asked if they were going to give me a free lube job when I turned over 100,000 miles in the near future. They laughed but never answered the question. Anyway, the service manager said they got in their first Tundra with over 200,000 miles on it. It was a V-8 2001 model. He said the fan and water pump had to be replaced because the radiator was completely clogged on the outside by dirt and leaves and the engine was overheating causing the fan and water pump failure. The Tundra was being used in some type of farm business. He went on to say that he noticed the engine ran smoothly, but had little power. When they pulled the copper plugs, the electrodes were almost completely gone. The plugs had never been changed. When they were replaced, the engine still ran fine, but the power had returned. He also said the 8 cylinders had copper plugs but the 6s had platinum. He also said that they have several Tundras with over 100,000 miles on them and none have had any problems. So far, all I have done to mine is service it.

Reply to
offen rong

Does your tundra put out a puff of blue smoke on start up?

Reply to
notmyrealname

No, it doesn't. I had a 93 Camry with 150,000 miles that did, though.

Reply to
offen rong