Smoke on startup

04 Tundra double cab with 34000 KMs smokes on start up there was a puff of blue and white smoke. when I started it up the last 2 mornings. Mechanic says some of these V8s do this? I insisted that they check for blown head gasket. Now I suspect oil leaking down one cylinder past the rings. First off has anyone else with a Tundra encountered this?

Is it in fact normal? (hasn't been my experience of normal operations with other brands of vehicles)

This one must have been made on a friday afternoon as I have had front end problems, and many dash rattles and a missed weld. - so far.

Wondering if I should have bought the Ford diesel after all... :(

Reply to
notmyrealname

"notmyrealname" sez:

I insisted that they check for

If you want to take matters into your own hands (yeah, I know, it is still under warranty - but to make sure you aren't getting jerked around), take an oil sample and send it in for analysis:

The analysis will tell you if coolant has contaminated the oil as well as other info. If a problem is indicated, they cannot very well deny you warranty service without getting sued for it ...

F_uck, O_ur R_ide D_ied

Good diagnosin' to ya, VLJ

Reply to
vlj

Yeah, sounds like you have serious engine problems there, with blue (oil) and white (coolant) smokes at this early stage.

Not sure about Ford cars today, but their new generation of trucks are great.

Reply to
johngdole