2003 4runner V6 Oil Leak

My new V6 2003 4runner has a minor oil leak at the driver's side valve cover, where the oil fill tube extension meets the valve cover. I've checked the two flange nuts for tightness and they are snug (I don't want to break anything by overtorquing). It appears to be a metal to metal interface. There's even a little "lip" below that catches the weeped oil.

Is this common?

What do you suggest?

TIA

Reply to
Shultz

suggest you take it back to the dealer asap. that's not common.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

There should be no oil/fluid leaks from your new vehicle, since it's still under warranty, take it to a dealer and let us know how it turned out.

Reply to
Galileo

Took back to dealer. They confirmed what I told them when I made the appointment - the gasket is missing. They didn't order one until they saw it themselves, now I gotta go back to get it installed at a later date.

Very strange - a missing gasket from a brand new engine?

Reply to
Shultz