Engine oil leak cure?

I have a series 2A with a Ford V6 which has started to leak a lot out of the front r/h edge of the sump gasket. Tightening, as far as I dare, has made little if any difference. Hanging a bottle under the car catches most of the oil (rather than my driveway) but is a temporary cure, at best, as 50 m.p.p. will bankrupt me shortly....

The problem is that the rear sump nuts are hidden by a chassis member, making replacement a major rather than minor job. A friend was telling me that some years ago he cured a similar oil leak in an XR3 with something poured into oil filler - a sort of engine based Barrs Leaks. But he couldn't remember what it was called, or where he got it. Worked though, it seems.

Can anyone suggest what this might have been - or come up with any other cures that don't involve major spanner-work.

Thanks,

Ed. Hughes.

Reply to
Ed Hughes