2003 Tacoma Crash Repairs and Advice

I was in an accident a couple of weeks ago in my 2003 DC. I was hit from behind by a Chevy work van going 30-35mph and slammed into the vehicle in front of me, ironically enough, another Chevy work van.

Got the truck back from the body shop. I have been getting together a punchlist of things that they could have done a better job on. The most important issue now is some minor frame damage that happened. On the invoice, they list a "floor pull." I talked to the advisor and he said that in an impact such as the one I was in, there is typically the need to pull some of the front frame items back in (well...)

The repairs are OK. Of course, they used many aftermarket parts, and most of them you can't tell the difference. It would be almost impossible to tell from first glance that the truck had been in an accident except for what happened at the front of the frame. The two mounts that come off the side, that the front body bolts to appeared to have gotten bent. The drivers side seems to have been the site of the "floor pull." See photos at

I know that this pretty much lowers my resale, but I am also concerned about corrosion, especially on the driver side.

One question, were the mounts square off of the frame rails to begin with? Also, can something like this be cleaned up and painted properly to prevent corrosion damage?

Thanks

jbanders

Reply to
jbanders