2003 Tundra electric brake harness

My electric brake controller has 4 wires - red, white, blue and black. The harness that came with my Tundra has two large wires: black-red, and red. It has three smaller wires: Green, green-white, and brown. How do these 4 controller wires attach to these 5 Tundra harness wires?

Tundra harness description: Black-red: Fused trailer brake controller battery feed. Red: Trailer electric brake feed from brake controller (output) Green: Headlamp switch to vehicle trail lamps Green-white: Vehicle stop lamp switch to brake controller (Input) Brown: Trailer ground

Reply to
Bwana

Assuming you have a Tekonsha Prodigy controller:

Goes to Prodigy black wire (+12 volts)

Goes to Prodigy blue wire (trailer brakes)

Not used by Prodigy controller

Goes to Prodigy red wire (stoplight)

Goes to Prodigy white wire (ground).

If your controller is not a Prodigy (very common these days and considered one of the two best ones), then you need to get data from manufacturer. This information should have come with the controller.

Dick Ballard snipped-for-privacy@att.net

Reply to
Dick Ballard