2004 Tacoma

When to the dealer last night to look at the crew cab 04 Tacoma, one was open and I sat inside not very comforable, nor was the seat adjustable to make it that way.

The more I sat there and looked around I figured that the truck was way over priced and decided to look at a GMC Canyon, or Colorado.

Alot more truck for the money.

my .02 cents

Reply to
tflfb

Congratulations, I'm sure you'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Reply to
TOM

You're right...seats are not all that great and the styling might not be prefect. But what you are paying for is high reliability and you can't always feel that when you sit in the cab.

Reply to
JC

It didn't feel like $27 K. Today I looked at a 05, Colorado crew 4x4 auto 5 cyl $23 K, I think I can afford a repair or two for the difference in $$$$$.

Tom

Reply to
tflfb
5 : cyl $23 K, I think I can afford a repair or two for the difference in $$$$$. : : Tom

Hmm yes it is cheaper. My experience with GM products has been disappointing! In fact I would say they are POS. Be prepared to be let down, and to walk home. The saying "You get what you pay for" is indeed a truism. You'll see

Reply to
Amphora

Haven't made a definite decision to buy the GM product, I will wait to see what the 05 Tacoma looks like, It 's just that with the end of the model yr there's not much to pick from in the Tacoma crew cab line now.

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

Yes, but the money you save on the purchase could be invested and used to pay for the repairs after the warranty expires...

Reply to
TOM

I don't know how the colorado is, but me and all my friends and guys i work with have chevolets ranging from my 83 all the way to 2000 models and up, mostly silverados, etc, and if the colorado is as dependable as my 83 4x4 or

89 K5 blazer, you'll have that truck a long time. the folks i know with the newer models have had great service out of their trucks, with some already reaching 80K or more on the odometer, so looking in a toyota newsgroup, people may be a tad lopsided, but I don't see where you can go wrong with a bowtie

just my two cents TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

: > Hmm yes it is cheaper. My experience with GM products has been : > disappointing! In fact I would say they are POS. Be prepared to be let down, : > and to walk home. : > The saying "You get what you pay for" is indeed a truism. : > You'll see : : Yes, but the money you save on the purchase could be invested and used : to pay for the repairs after the warranty expires... : -- : Tom - Vista, CA

That is true, however for me this is not a good option. I drive hundreds of kilometers on logging roads often more than 100km from the nearest person or cell phone service. In that scenario a breakdown is very costly. Not to mention the lost billable hours a breakdown creates. I have used GM products in the bush when I was a government employee two different trucks stranded me. I will not be buying a GM product until they make an effort to create a quality vehicle. IMHO they should be ashamed of themselves.

Reply to
Amphora

You might also consider the resale potential of your selection. Besides Toyota's solid reliability record, they probably retain their value better too.

Reply to
Steve

Along with improvements to the Tacoma in 2005 will no doubt be a hefty increase in price. Also, don't expect much in the way of rebates because of their reputation for quality and resale potential.

Reply to
Steve