02 Tacoma Dbl Cab ?

Hello All,

I'm new to the group and new to Toyota ownership. After years of driving Ford trucks I decided last week on an '02 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 with 25,000 miles. I love the truck (as does my wife who drives it more than I do) and have been doing the research on them for a few months now. Finding one was tough as I don't see many used double cab 4x4's for sale.

Anyway, the truck is still under warranty and it looks like the original owner took very good care of it. He traded it back to the dealer where he originally purchased it and had it serviced there, too. The only problem is a slight rattling in the dash on the passenger side where the airbag is located. I test drove another Tacoma a month ago and it had the same dash rattling problem, except it was little louder in that particular truck. I've tried to locate the rattling but can't seem to find where the problem is originating. I know it sounds like I'm making it more of a big deal, but it's one of those noises that is just audible enough that it starts to drive you nuts after a while. Anyone have this issue and are there any other problems/fixes/surprises I need to know about with the Tacoma? All advice and insight is greatly appreciated - and I'm glad I found a good group.

Best Regards, Billy Cuthrell Raleigh, NC

Reply to
Billy Cuthrell

[...]

MicheleL

I have a rattle too on the drive side of my 03 ext cab Tacoma. Sounds like a loose wire banging around.

[...]

Brad P