2005 Tacoma Tonneau Cover

Can anyone recommend a decent tonneau cover for my 2005 access cab Tacoma? I've been Googling a fair amount, but I'd like to hear feedback from actual users. Thanks for your help -

Scott

Reply to
X.S.Whyte-Noyes

Check out

It's a hard tonneau cover. I've had mine for a couple of years and I'm happy with it. About my only complaint stems from one of the positive aspects of the cover. It's got reinforcing ribs which reduce storage height in the bed by about 2", leaving me with exactly 13" underneath. A few things don't fit, like your typical ice chest. Other than that, the cover's great. I opted for it because I carry fishing tackle, musical instruments, etc., and a soft cover was an obvious invitation for trouble (sharp knife, slash, bye bye guitar or $400 worth of fishing stuff).

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I've had several soft Tonneau Covers as I really like the looks of them. All of them shrank and eventually had to be replaced and they aren't cheap. In

2001 I bought my Tundra new and went to a trim shop I've done a lot of business with (sent all the work from our fleet there) and they recommended a soft cover that wouldn't shrink. (No warranty to that effect, just their word) I've got arthritis in my hands now and it was hard to attach right from the start. After 3 years the cover still looked great but had shrank enough I couldn't attach it, although some of my friends could still attach it for me. That cover cost $350 installed and in 2004 I replaced it with an ARE brand hard cover that was slightly under $800 and I love it, wouldn't change it. Only thing I don't like is not being able to haul tall stuff without taking it off and it's heavy enough that it takes two people to remove. Moral of this long story: ALL soft tops will shrink, some faster than others. The return on the investment is greater with a hard cover or even a shell than a soft cover. If you are going to sell your truck in the life of a soft cover then the cover probably won't add any value to the truck as most people don't like them, whereas the hard cover will. But if you have to have a soft cover and can handle all the negatives go for it, I think it will look great. davidj92
Reply to
davidj92

Truxedo low pro works /looks good . "Floats" on sliding Velcro rails and is tension spring loaded so it stays tight in all temps. latest fabric technology.

Kevin

Reply to
kgt

Bought and installed an Access Limited

for a Tundra in July 2003 and have been extremely pleased with the quality, functionality and flexibility. $430 to $450. Things I like: easy to install, looks good, good fit, easy to open/close, broad band Velcro side closures - no snaps, 16" vertical opening even with Toyota bed liner - 18" vertical clearance between the support bows that are spaced 20" apart from front to back - I keep a large 16 1/2"-tall covered plastic tub in the bed to carry misc things like tow strap, blanket, etc, easy to use lever-action tension bar and latch system that stretches the cover while closing - closes with one hand, have carried lumber laying over tailgate with cover Velcro'd up to the lumber to keep other bed contents out of rain, cover rolls up and completely out of the way for full bed access, bed stays fairly dry during hard rain. There is nothing I dislike about it. If there is concern about someone knifing the cover, or a need to walk on the cover, this is not a good option. But it handles heavy snow very well. Ray

"X.S.Whyte-Noyes" wrote in message news:1122512049.cbd315cb2bc12a2413d22f7f8a947db0@teranews...

Reply to
<Ray>