tonneau cover questions

im looking at different soft tonneau covers and would like suggestions on what is best for the money for my 04 silverado and which style is better snap type or soft? thanks for any advice

Reply to
POLXCSP

I prefer the snap-style covers and would personally recommend Berlin Covers; durable as hell.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I have had an Extang on my truck since new in 1992. Snap style. Has a small tear in it about 2" long. Not bad for 10+ years.

Reply to
Mastermech

I would go with the GM tonneau cover which you can buy from the dealer. I know for a fact that the GM covers are manufactured by LeBra. These are the best soft tonneau covers ever. There are no snaps that ever break and you can put the cover on in the dead of winter with no hassle. Go to this link and check it out:

've had my cover for 2 years and it has held up great so far. And theframe is all aluminum so nothing ever rusts. It is also 100% water proof,it never leaks.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Venditti

If your looking for a hard tonneau cover, I hear checkermate makes a decent one for the price. I have a soft (extang) snap style on my dakota, and I like it, but in the winter it's a b**ch. I'm thinking about getting one for the silverado. anyone have one that they want to get rid of for a short box?

Reply to
Crooked-Ridez

matt... i'm looking for some type of flat cover for a ram we just picked up, and your link looks interesting... do you think the clamps would work on a truck with a "wrap over rails" bed cover? (cover goes up over sides and covers top of bed-side, as opposed to those that go bed high and stop)

Reply to
mac davis