tonneau cover questions

im looking at different soft tonneau covers and would like suggestions on what is best for the money for my 04 silverado and which style is better snap type
or soft? thanks for any advice

what
type
I prefer the snap-style covers and would personally recommend Berlin Covers; durable as hell.
Doc

I have had an Extang on my truck since new in 1992. Snap style. Has a small tear in it about 2" long. Not bad for 10+ years.
I would go with the GM tonneau cover which you can buy from the dealer. I know for a fact that the GM covers are manufactured by LeBra. These are the best soft tonneau covers ever. There are no snaps that ever break and you can put the cover on in the dead of winter with no hassle. Go to this link and check it out: http://www.global-accessories.com/tonneaus/rail_tonneau/topmount.html I've had my cover for 2 years and it has held up great so far. And the frame is all aluminum so nothing ever rusts. It is also 100% water proof, it never leaks.
Matt

small
On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 06:27:20 GMT, "Matt Venditti"
matt... i'm looking for some type of flat cover for a ram we just picked up, and your link looks interesting... do you think the clamps would work on a truck with a "wrap over rails" bed cover? (cover goes up over sides and covers top of bed-side, as opposed to those that go bed high and stop)

If your looking for a hard tonneau cover, I hear checkermate makes a decent one for the price. I have a soft (extang) snap style on my dakota, and I like it, but in the winter it's a b**ch. I'm thinking about getting one for the silverado. anyone have one that they want to get rid of for a short box?
Ed Murray