2008 Toyota 45,000 mile - Transmission fluid flash

Hi,

I have 4Runner 2008, 45K miles. Do I need this transmission Fluid Flash service?

Thanks

Reply to
none

Toyota recommends a transmission fluid flush at 6 yr / 60,000 mi if you do a lot of towing. For "normal" usage, the fluid is to be checked every 30,000 mi and replaced if there are signs of degradation (varnished, burnt, discoloration, etc.) See:

That said, the fluid is the lifeblood of the transmission, so changing it more often can be beneficial if you intend to keep the 4Runner for 10+ years until it falls apart due to rusting. :-) I flush mine once a year.

-- War is the continuation of politics by other means. It can therefore be said that politics is war without bloodshed, and war is politics with bloodshed.

Reply to
First of One

Its about that time I would change it.

Reply to