2009 Toyota RAV 4 4 cyld Soft brake pedal 45,000 miles

Since the day I drove it out of dealership, new, brake pedal goes all the way to the floor...brakes work well. This is with the engine running. The problem is if
in a panic stop, brake and throttle are very close, foot brake pedal, may take the accelerator with it! I have owned many vehicles in my lifetime, and they all had about 2 in. of play, then a hard pedal.
I have taken it to 3 dealerships and they say it is NORMAL! I have written to Toyota and have never even heard from them. I like the vehicle very much ,but this problem scares the hell out of me! Anybody else have this problem? Andy

Have you driven other 09s of the same make/model?