4runner rear sags

Why do all early 90's 4Runners rear end looks as though its saging down? Did they use cheap springs or what?

Reply to
John

The stock springs were not designed with the tow package in mind. When I had to replace my rear shocks, I purchase the Performance Products 1 1/2" progressive springs. Now the back is almost an inch higher than the front, but looks better than before.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Partly its an optical illusion, the front wheel wells are cut higher that the rear, so even when sitting level, the rear looks to be sagging becuase the rear wheels fill up the wheel wells more. But its also due to a soft spring in back, probably aimed more at a comfy ride than load capacity. Upgrading the rear springs is the best option (as mentioned above) to restore ride height and improve the load capacity if you carry many passengers or cargo.

Reply to
Roger Brown

..and this goes back farther than the early 90's. My 86 drags @#$, too. I'll upgrade one day. (gee wiz)

Reply to
Lane

I'm not sure about the optical illusion. You can tell by the roof line the rear sags. Though it's not as noticeable in the 4Runners that don't have the tow package.

JW

the rear, so even when sitting level, the rear looks to be sagging becuase the rear wheels fill up the wheel wells more. But its also due to a soft spring in back, probably aimed

the best option (as mentioned above) to restore ride height and improve the load capacity if you carry many passengers or cargo.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Mine sags as well but if you look at the roofline, it is quite level. The fender cuts throw it all off. If you look at your roofline and it sags as well, your springs are just tired.

Reply to
Lane

Man, I just went to a spring shop and had an extra leaf added. The shocks don't seem to be needed anymore, though.

Reply to
No Spam