4runner v6 head gasket problems......???

I was thinkin of purchasing a 4runner v6 and I was wonder when and if Toyota re-engineered a the engine to fix the problems...??

Reply to
hizark21

Ages ago - it was just a gasket design problem. Toyota stood behind product (just like they are now doing with the oil sludge issue) and many got new or rebuilt engines after many years and a hundred thousand miles. The new 4L aluminum V6 is great - decent gas mileage for a heavy SUV and great performance -- now mated to a 5spd automatic. Great resale value and super dependable!

Reply to
Wolfgang

So how are the same V6s but the ones that are mated to the 4spd autos, like from 2003?

Thanks, ~S

Reply to
Sigerson