86 EFI automatic sluggish

My 86 4x4 EFI is sluggish in first gear in drive but accelerates fine if I go from low1 to drive? drives fine once it gets going and sometime fine all the time?? Has new egr and mass air flow is ok. The shop that replaced the egr advised I take it to a transmission shop. Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
dv1414

EasyE

.... Yes, automatic but I have to drive it kind of like a stick- from L to D (low gear to drive) only from a stop? Tranny fluid ok? I'm stumped!! HELP!

Reply to
dv1414