87 4runner master window switch

I cleaned the contacts on the switch and everything works but the drivers side 'down' position. When I clean it, it will work for a day then quit again. Is there any fix like to recondition the surface of the contact? I've read about stuff called ProGold that's supposed to re-plate the switch surface. I'm wondering if anyone out there has tryed a similiar product with any success. Toyota wants $169 for the switch and that is not an option. There are few 4runners in the junkyards around here and none of them compatible with mine have power windows. Any suggestions/advice about wiring in non-stock switches would also be appreciated.

Reply to
chuck

You might have a look at this page:

Roger Brown

I already checked that out and it wasn't the problem. Thanks for the advice though. It seems like the rivet that holds the trace in place may be a little loose from the heat of the once dirty connection. The epoxy on that is curing as a type this. Hopefully that cures my problem. Just fixed error code 5 and now on to #11. I don't mind doing a little work to the thing being I only paid $100 for a 4runner.

Reply to
chuck