88 van electrical glitch

I have an electrical problem. Started last week, suddenly.

On the first day all the dash lights came on while it was running. I had this happen in the past so changed the alternator.

Lights were still on when test started. Next time I tried to start it I turned the key and all the lights went off and there didn't seem to be any power to the starter. Tried it again and all the lights remained off. Didn't change anything and when I tried it the next day the lights came on when I turned the key but when I tried to start it they went off again. Let it sit for a couple of days and today when I tried it the lights came on when I turned the key, it started but all the dash lights remained on when it was running.

Fuses all look good. Connection to the battery seems tight.

Any suggestions on what to check next? Is there a fusable link to the battery that might be broken but causing an intermittent fault?

Bernadette

Reply to
Doc Font

Check the other end of the neg battery cable (on the engine} Doubt it is a fusable link, they are either good or blown

Larry

Reply to
Larry Talkington