90 4runner recalls?

Everytime I do a search for recall for my 90 4runner (V6) I get ( No recalls for this vehicle)

What gives, where do I find all the recalls for this truck, I do know of at least one pertaining to the steering link, but are there anymore that I need to know about?

Thanks

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher1

Alldata Lists the following recalls for a 90 4Runner V-6 (

) General Recalls Issue Date Title SSCV06 DEC 97 Campaign - Cylinder Head Gaskets SPAP9610 OCT 96 Campaign - Head Gasket Repair SSCP01 JUN 93 Campaign - A/C Expansion Valve

In addition to these recall (non-safety recalls), there area around 150 TSBs that are listed for this vehicle.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

In addition to the non-safety recall listed by Alldata, NHTSA lists one Safety related recall for a 1990 4 Runner.

Make : TOYOTA Model : 4 RUNNER Year : 1990 Manufacturer : TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC. NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 05V389000 Mfg's Report Date : SEP 06, 2005 Component: STEERING:LINKAGES:ROD:RELAY:CONNECTING Potential Number Of Units Affected : 977839

See

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

Spent a short time googling and the only one I could find was this one:

a registration but the info is free. Only showed one recall for your model. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Looks like Ed had better luck than me. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Thanks alot guys, now I have something to go on Searcher

Reply to
Searcher1

Why not note your VIN number and call a dealer?! They should know each and every recall for your model.

Reply to
Scotty

If you have AC there is a Special Service Program (SSP 01?)too. Whatever was in the FREON causes the expansion valve to corrode and vent R12 and your AC no longer works --- or the vaslve cloughs up and you have diminished AC. The will either add an anti-corrosion substance (probably too late after 15 years) or replace the expansion valve, gaskets and recharge.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Try that. Alldata.com is the best site I know of for recall info on vehicles.

Randy

Reply to
Randy