93 Toyota 2.4 pickup

What other items can I check besides the mass air flow sensor? I've replaced the air filter. Symptoms: no power uphill; increased fuel usage; no accesseration anywhere; occasional hard starting. I just got the truck from a private party. He determined it was the sensor and did not want to put in $, so he sold it cheaper. After I put in the air filter, I checked the flash code. It read constant blink. I tried to re-set by taking out the EFI 15A fuse, but it still blinks constant. What do I check next?

Reply to
woodchucker392

Get the codes read with a scan tool, this should tell you what the problem is.

Reply to
Mike

I second the code reader, you can rent them from AutoZone. From your systems, I would think it is an oxygen sensor.

Reply to
Tony

Your symptoms could be a blocked muffler or cat try disconnecting the exhaust before the cat and see if it improves (it will be very noisy so a very short run). A quick way to eliminate the exhaust. Good Luck Joe

Reply to
Joe

Go to your local Autozone and get the code reader and check the code. Or if you have a manual you can jumper 3 pins in the diagnoses block and it will give you the exact code of what is wrong by blinking the check engine light in sequences.

Reply to
Tony