93 Altima

Hey group.

My little bro is looking at a '93 Altima with 174000km on it. Just wondering if there are any common problems or things to watch out for on this model? Any recalls or weak points?

Also, he could not tell me if it was a V6 or I4 engine, what motor comes with this model?

disallow

I have a 93 Altima and the problems that seem to be common on these models were:

bad mass air flow sensor ground wire rusting around the edge of both rear wheelwells

Other than that it has been a great car and it has a 4 cylinder only.

Reply to
Don Valley

What do you do to fix a bad mass air flow sensor ground? I keep getting a code "mass air flow sensor problem" It corrects itself after a few minutes but the check engine light remains on. I have cleaned the contacts by the sensor. Do I have to live with the light on?

Reply to
larry

Have a look at the MAFS in the Altima's electrical schematic diagram. See if the ground can be rerouted to another point that won't fail.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Thanks for the info. for $3000 Canadian, I think we will definitely go for it if it has been maintained properly...

I'll keep you all posted.

disallow