94 4Runner - Vapor From A/C

recently had A/C overhauled. Now when it is turned on (regular fresh-air mix mode) vapor pours out of the vents. Seems to stop when I switch to recirculate mode.

Did technician REALLY fix the problem, or, is this the beginning of yet more issues

Any ideas ???

Mike

Reply to
Mike S

This is normal on humid days on any A/C system. The outside air blows over the evaporator, causing the humid air to condense and some of this condensation becomes a vapor and comes out of the vents. Switching to recirc works because as the same air is continually passed over the evaporator, it drys the air out. That's a very basic description anyway. No worries.

Reply to
slikrikd

Right. And on my 96 Tacoma it lasts maybe 20 seconds at most after starting the AC, particularly if I've had it on, then turned it off, the vapor blows on restart. BTW, that's Northern Virginia, lots of humidity here.

Will Niccolls.

Reply to
Will Niccolls