94 T-100 intermittent problem

Hello,

My T-100 Standard with 2.7 liter 4 cylinder engine is plagued with an ongoing intermittent problem. The problem first began upon startup when it would miss and blow out smoke from the exhaust. There was an odor of gas and the color of the smoke indicated that it was not oil (can't remember the exact color). The missing would stop after driving for a short period This went on for about a month. I took it to a mechanic and he replaced the oxygen sensor, plugs and cleaned the injectors (efi maintenance). That still did solve the problem so I took it to the Toyota dealer (DeLuca Toyota in Ocala, Florida). They basically did the same thing that the previous garage had done (replaced plugs, performed diagnostics, efi) and it still did did the same thing.

Now the problem is getting worse. Not only does it miss on startup but it breaks down while driving down the road. I took it to another mechanic and he hooked up it up to his diagnostic computer and it told him that voltage wasn't getting to the all of the injectors. He changes the injectors and it still did the same thing. Thinking his diagnostic computer was malfunctioning, he sent his computer back to the manufacturer. They replaced the board, he hooked it up to the T-100 and it still gave the same reading. He replaced the computer on board the truck and it ran great for about a month. Now it is breaking down again in route.

I called toyota and they told me it's out of warranty so too bad, buy another one!

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Geb Bixer