'95 4runner 4wd - needing to replace front left wheel bearing...

Bubba, I bet you just need to snug up the preload. You will need the

54mm spindle nut wrench though.
Reply to
MDT Tech®

Can anyone direct me to an article or something online on replacing this bearing on my '95 4runner w/131k miles? I took it into a local dealer today to have the oil changed ($15 "special" - woohoo!) and while it was up on the hoist they noticed - sure enough, there is a lot of play in the FL wheel.

Thanks for any & all help -

Reply to
Bubba 1

I would LOVE IT if that is all it requires! Mmmhhh, thanks - now where to find a 54mm spindle nut wrench...? Local everyday autoparts store or Mac/Snap-On territory here?

Bubba

"Ah yes, we must mollify angry fanatics who seek our destruction because otherwise .. they might get mad and seek our destruction."

- Ann Coulter 9/26/2002

Reply to
Bubba 1

Bubster, local auto parts hould have it on hand. I mean the auto parts, not the auto accessorie stores, ie Shucks etc. They have those Lisle SST trees with specialty tools hanging off them. Tell them what your after. They'll have it.

Like your sig too! Of course, I like Ann Coulter too. ;D

Reply to
MDT Tech®

THANKS! Got it! Looks like a 2 1/8" will do the same too -

Bubba

The pretty young Miss was having a tooth pulled and the dentist gave her the usual "This won't hurt a bit" routine before bending over her with a drill in his hand. He immediately drew back in complete alarm.

"Miss," he said in a barely audible whisper, "You have hold of my privates!"

"Yes, doc, I know," she smiled, "and we aren't going to hurt each other, are we?"

Reply to
Bubba 1

I bought a black formed steel one from Total Autoparts for $10. While your at it you might remove and clean the bearings - check for blue burn marks or scratches (replace bearing and race if found) --- then repack them with waterproof WB grease. Especially if it has been off road or submerged in water. Have fun getting the hubs off if 4x4! I repacked mine when I changed from ADD hubs to Warn manual hubs.

Reply to
Wolfgang