98 Toyota 4runner headlights

The headlights on my 98 4Runner have started turning on by themeselves with the light switch off. Sometimes they come on and off for just a few seconds. I can turn the switch on and off a few times and the lights will stay off for a while. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Reply to
big_d61

Sounds like a bad switch that could turn out to be a major fire hazard. I think I'd get it replaced ASAP!

Reply to
TOM

The Turn Signal/Headlamp Switch is called a Combo Switch. You need a new one.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Thanks guys. Do you think the danger of a fire? I need to drive the vehicle to work and it will take a few days to get one. Thanks for the help.

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
big_d61

you could always take off the battery cable in the meantime to prevent that if you're worried about a fire starting up.

Reply to
yippie

I think the bigger danger is a dead battery ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland