'99 4runner

my gas gauge is messed up. I have noticed that for the past few months my low fuel light keeps coming on sooner and sooner. I filled my tank the other day and the needle only registered 3/4 of a tank. Now, my low fuel light is coming on at 220 miles when I can usually get 300+ miles out of a tank. When I filled the tank, I put in 15.5 gallons and the low fuel light had just come on. I think I should have had about 3 gallons in the tank, which would equal the 18-18.5 gallon gas tank. Is there an easy way to fix this? Many thanks, Bryant

Reply to
The Stringfellows