AC Clutch replacement.

This noise starts... sounds like the bearings in the alternator... whining noise of sorts.... couple days go by, I'm pricing alternators, rebuilds, etc.... when the noise stops.... Cool.... next morning, I'm walking out to find a belt under my bumper... I popped the hood, and low and behold, it's the AC accessory belt... no AC anymore, so that's the problem... I guess....????

Today... I noticed, the water temp, decided to climb up to the H and it wasn't even hot outside.... SOoooo... that got me thinking... I'm close to

130k, haven't changed my timing belt YET... and was going to soon.... but could this temperature thing be related to the waterpump and could that noise be the water pump?? The belt coming off the AC was the "No 1" indication to me, but when it got hot today.... well... I have to question that one....

I've not had the rad cap off this truck in 2 years, when I flushed the coolant them and put the orange stuff back in.... Isn't the orange stuff good for 4-5 years????

Reply to
RedForeman ©®