ANTENNA REPLACEMENT 2005 TACOMA

Is there an easy way to access and replace the antenna cable in the 2005 Tacoma? I am having to replace the mast and cable (long story)and it looks daunting!

thanks

Reply to
Kaflooty

I haven't been in the car stereo biz since 1981, but back then, I don't recall any Toyota which required a stupid amount of work to change an antenna. Remove the plastic kick panel, and see if you can spot the thick antenna cable. You might also need to remove a panel (if there is one) under the glove box. You should be able to follow the cable to the back of the radio with your hand. Of course, you might need to get into a position not meant for anyone over 40, but hey....that's half the fun.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom